Events & Tents offers seminars, networking and more
There’s only one educational program that offers education specifically related to party and special event rental — Events & Tents, scheduled for Saturday, Feb. 8, 2014, at The Rental Show 2014, at the Orange County Convention Center, Orlando, Fla.
Robin Brockelsby, Creative Coverings, Sparks, Nev., will speak during the Welcome Breakfast and talk about the hottest 2014 trends forecast for the year ahead, as well as offer a sneak preview of the new Inspiration Challenge to be held during lunch.
This year, the Events & Tents Inspiration Gallery will return, offering an opportunity for attendees to view event photos from various rental stores. Photos will be available for viewing between sessions and events, and also will be part of two Events & Tents seminars.
During the day, there will be several educational opportunities for attendees to choose from with sessions divided into four tracks: Sales/Management, Case Studies, Trends/Technology and Tenting.
Following the Welcome Breakfast, seminars from 9 a.m. to 10:15 a.m. include:
- Increase Your Bottom Line Through Brand Promotion
- Behind the Scenes: Inspiration Gallery Wedding Case Studies
- Increase Productivity With Apps
- Obstacles Uncovered: Conducting a Successful Site Survey
From 10:30 a.m. to 11:45 a.m., seminars will include:
- Developing a Sales Culture Within Your Organization
- Behind The Scenes: Inspiration Gallery Corporate Events Case Studies
- Virtual Tours 2014: Unique Solutions to Operating a Rental Business
- Draping Techniques That Add Profit
During the lunch presentation, Events & Tents will host its own Inspiration Challenge, moderated by Brockelsby. Two teams, led by designers David Halsey, creative director for The Meetinghouse Companies, Elmhurst, Ill., and Kelly Murphy, director of business development, Panache, Classic Party Rentals, Pompano Beach, Fla., will do their best to out-design the other in a toe-to-toe match-up with all the elements of a party. Each team will create a tabletop design using items provided, combined with a few surprises.
Following lunch, seminars from 1:30 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. include:
- Maximizing the Invoice With Value-Added Selling
- Weddings: Speak the Right Language to Earn a Customer for Life
- Why Didn’t I Think of That? Simple, Creative, Money-Saving Ideas
- Keeping Your Tents in Tip-Top Shape: Stain Removal and Repair
Seminars from 2:45 p.m. to 3:45 p.m. include:
- Know If You Made a Profit: Job Costing Essentials
- Corporate Clients: How to Communicate With and Gain Loyal Customers
- Chic Tabletop Trends for 2014
- Create Desired Effects With LED Lights
Susan Southerland, president of Just Events! Group, Orlando, Fla., will deliver the keynote address at the end of the seminars, prior to the reception. Southerland is a celebrity wedding planner, author and wedding business consultant, and has been on Style Network’s “Whose Wedding Is It Anyway?” and TLC’s “A Wedding Story.” She plans to discuss the latest in event trends and share ideas on how to implement the knowledge acquired from Events & Tents when you get home.
The evening reception at Café Tu Tu Tango will offer food, drinks and entertainment, including live art in progress as painters create works on canvas, and tango dancing. More information about Events & Tents is available online at TheRentalShow.com.