ARA announces 2013 board election results
Following are the members who will join the American Rental Association (ARA) board of directors in February 2013, at the conclusion of The Rental Show in Las Vegas:
- Paul Phelon, current ARA general tool and equipment services shared interest group (SIG) chairman and president of Timp Rental Center, Orem, Utah.
Associate Member Director
- Scott Smith, global director of sales, The Charles Machine Works, Perry, Okla.
Region Two Director
- Jeff Johnstone, CERP, owner and president, Party Perfect, Richmond, Va.
Region Three Director
- Tony Long, co-owner and president, Mint Hill Tool Rental, Charlotte, N.C.
Region Nine Director
- Robert Pedersen, CEO and chief financial officer, A Tool Shed Equipment Rentals, Santa Cruz, Calif.
“ARA is fortunate to have dedicated members that volunteer their time to represent the voice of members on the ARA Board of Directors. We thank all the candidates for their willingness to put forward their name for a board position and thank all ARA members who voted in this election,” says Christine Wehrman, ARA’s executive vice president and CEO.
Mike Blaisdell, current president-elect who will assume the office of president at The Rental Show in February 2013, has named Mark Gilbertson to the board position of general tool and equipment services SIG chairman to represent this ARA member segment for a three-year term. Gilbertson is president and owner of Fargo Rentall in Fargo, N.D., an ARA member since 2004. He has previously served on the ARA Education Committee and The Rental Show Task Force.
Blaisdell also has appointed two current ARA board members to serve on the Executive Committee for 2013-14, when Blaisdell will serve as ARA president. The one-year appointment will begin on Feb. 13, 2013, at the completion of The Rental Show.
Appointed to serve are Jimmy Pate, Region Four director, and Terry Turner, CERP, chairman of the ARA party and event services SIG. Pate is president and CEO of Pate’s Rental in Comanche, Texas. Turner is president of All Occasions Party Rentals in Knoxville, Tenn., and is being reappointed to a second term. Both Pate and Turner have served on the ARA board of directors since March 2011. The ARA officers complete the Executive Committee.
At The Rental Show, the following officer and directors will complete their terms on the board:
- Ted Cook of Ventura Rental Center in Ventura, Calif., chairman of the board.
- Pierre Pereira of Billy Goat Industries in Lee’s Summit, Mo., Associate Member director.
- Alan Wismer of George’s Tool Rental in Hatfield, Pa., Region Two director.
- Ben Cooke, CERP, of Cooke Rentals in Mount Airy, N.C., Region Three director.
- Sherri Creighton of Pleasanton Rentals in Pleasanton, Calif., Region Nine director.