||2012 For the Record
- Hertz Equipment Rental Corp. (HERC), Park Ridge, N.J., has acquired DW Pumps, San Leandro, Calif. DW Pumps specializes in providing pump solutions for industrial, municipal and construction customers on the West coast. The pump product and service market is estimated at $600 million in the U.S., and it is anticipated that DW Pumps will generate about $6 million in new revenues for HERC during 2012, which the company said it expects will exceed $10 million as the business is expanded throughout California.
- Volvo Rents, Shippensburg, Pa., expanded its presence nationally in 2011, acquiring more than 50 companies in the United States and Canada, and is continuing the trend in 2012. Recent acquisitions include the Centreline Group of Rental Cos., a six-location construction equipment rental company found throughout Ontario, Canada. The new Volvo Rents locations are located in Windsor, Leamington, Chatham, London, Dumfries and Hamilton and are the first for the company in the province of Ontario. Previous owners Louis and Al Bertoia will take on new roles within the Ontario Volvo Rents locations. Volvo Rents also has acquired Casco Rentals, a division of Casco and Encar Rentals in Toa Baja and Lajas, Puerto Rico, the first Volvo Rents stores in the country.
- Ramirent, Vantaa, Finland, has acquired two Swedish rental businesses: Consensus Entrepenad AB, which specializes in the rental of customized modules and has annual net sales of about €2.8 million (US$3.6 million), and TLM (Tannefors Lift-och Maskinuthyrning), a machine rental company in the Östergötland region, with annual net sales of about €8.8 million (US$11.5 million) and three rental outlets. Ramirent says the acquisition strengthens Ramirent’s local offering and positioning among small and medium-sized customers.
- Highlift Equipment, Cincinnati, has acquired the assets of Valco Equipment, Canton, Ohio, a distributor of telescopic forklifts, scissor lifts and boom lifts. The newly acquired business will sell, rent and provide parts, service and financing for construction equipment under the Valco Equipment trade name in Ohio and surrounding states. Distribution agreements are in place for products manufactured by Genie, JLG, Skyjack, Takeuchi, Snorkel and Tiffin, among others. Dave Maier, former Valco Equipment sales manager, was appointed Valco general manager and the company’s factory-trained parts and service personnel were retained.
- Godwin Pumps, Bridgeport, N.J., manufacturer of the Dri-Prime® automatic self-priming, dry-running pump, has changed its legal name to Xylem Dewatering Solutions, effective Jan. 1, 2012. Godwin will remain the brand name for the Dri-Prime series of pumps. The company said the name change is designed to reflect its continued efforts to provide customers a broader product range, value-added services and integrated solutions from a growing branch footprint. For more information, go to xyleminc.com.