To download a Safety Tips for Customers version of this page, go to RM DIGITAL at ARArental.org/go/rmdigital.
Even though you, the rental store, may send employees to install, attend and take down inflatables, there still is an opportunity to educate the customer on the equipment use and safety. If a rental store is not providing an attendant, make sure the attendant on-site is aware of these potential risks prior to supervising the inflatable.
Tips for customers renting inflatables include:
- Leave the blower running continuously until you need to deflate the unit.
- Inflatables are designed for use by children. Adults are generally too heavy and could be injured or injure others if they use the inflatable. As a result, adults are not permitted on the inflatable.
- Children must be physically able to use the inflatable.
- Children must be supervised by a responsible adult at all times.
- Group children by size; do not allow different sized children on the inflatable at the same time.
- Limit the number of children using the inflatable at the same time.
- Follow all rules listed on the side of the inflatable.
- Remove shoes before using the inflatable.
- Remove all sharp or hard-edged objects, such as glasses, jewelry, watches, shoes, casts, etc., before using the inflatable. Remove all items from pockets.
- No flips, somersaults or body slamming is allowed.
- Jumping is only allowed inside the area enclosed by the safety netting. Do not jump on the loading platform.
- Food, drink, gum, candy, etc., are choking hazards and therefore are not permitted while using the inflatable.
- Do not permit children to play near the fan or behind the rear of the unit where they cannot be readily supervised.
- To prevent the spread of germs, children should wash their hands and faces after using the inflatable.
Source: ARA Insurance, Kansas City, Mo. For more safety and risk management information, go to ARAinsure.com. Customers of ARA Insurance can log on to ReSource. Access is free, so if you haven’t signed up yet, contact your agent or call 800-821-6580.