||For the Record
- Terex Corp., Westport, Conn., through its wholly-owned subsidiary Terex USA, has entered the wood chipper business through the acquisition of Woodsman, a Michigan-based manufacturer of wood processing equipment. The Woodsman product lines will be integrated into the materials processing segment of Terex, which is involved in the global crushing and screening industry. Woodsman has a line of hand-fed chippers as well as a portfolio of biomass chippers. Kieran Hegarty, Terex president for materials processing, said, “The addition of Woodsman’s products provides a great opportunity to extend the capabilities of Terex materials processing into the adjacent businesses of wood processing and recycling. Our customers can expect tangible investments in terms of distribution coverage for enhanced customer support, a commitment to product development and a focus on readily available spare parts.”
- Volvo Rents, Asheville, N.C., continued to expand its network of company-owned stores in July and August as the company acquired Valley Rental Centers, a construction equipment rental company with locations in Merced and Modesto, Calif.; Contractors Equipment Rental, a single-location construction equipment rental company based in Orlando, Fla.; and Casco Rents, a three-location equipment rental company based in Florida, with stores in Tampa, Port St. Lucie and Pompano Beach. Separately in August, Volvo Rents also opened an East Region office and appointed a new management team. Russ Parisi, who has been with Volvo Rents since 2003, has been named Eastern Region vice president and will oversee the eastern United States, as well as the eastern provinces of Canada. “This is a pivotal time in the market, with great opportunities for Volvo Rents’ further growth,” said Parisi. “The new office and management team adds further depth and breadth of experience as we intensify our push to capitalize on the economic upturn and expand upon our already strong network of company- and franchise-owned stores.”
- RSC Equipment Rental, Scottsdale, Ariz., has opened a new regional office in Indianapolis to help the company better serve its Midwest customer base and support anticipated growth in the region. RSC has 44 branch locations in the area, which includes the states of Ohio, West Virginia, Tennessee, Kentucky, Indiana, Illinois, Iowa and Michigan. The company opened a temporary 3,200-sq.-ft. office space on Aug. 1 and expects to open a larger permanent facility including a rental operation in early 2012. With the addition of Indianapolis, RSC will have 10 regional offices throughout the United States.
- Wacker Neuson SE, Munich, Germany, a light and compact equipment manufacturer, has appointed Cem Peksaglam as the company’s new CEO. Peksaglam succeeds Georg Sick.
- Tim Solso, chairman and CEO of Cummins, Columbus, Ind., will retire effective Dec. 31, 2011. He will be succeeded by Tom Linebarger, Cummins president and chief operating officer. Linebarger has been with Cummins for 17 years. He was formerly president of Cummins Power Generation and served as the company’s chief financial officer. He will assume his new role on Jan. 1, 2012.