Last year, when Matt Musgrove, president of Tejas Equipment Rental & Sales in McAllen, Texas, had job openings at his five locations, he turned to the American Rental Association’s (ARA) job board for assistance. He received a number of résumés, interviewed several candidates and ended up hiring three people from that search.
Because that experience was so successful, Musgrove has continued to use ARA’s job board as a primary outlet for posting jobs. “I post on a regular basis,” he says, noting that recently he was looking for branch managers and drivers with commercial driver’s licenses.
“We’ve been getting good traffic flow and the résumés keep coming through. ARA members can post their jobs for free. This offers a good way to get your name out there and the job board supplies a good source of applicants,” he says.
Deb Cianciola, corporate recruiter for Admar Supply Co. in Rochester, N.Y., agrees. “We’ve used it quite often because it is very targeted to the rental market and has been an effective resource for us. We have found qualified candidates and hired at least one candidate from the job board in the last nine months,” she says.
Cianciola encourages other rental operators to use the ARA job board because “it is very cost-effective, targeted to the rental market, provides you a solid presence on the Internet, allows candidates to apply directly to your job postings and then offers you alerts when they do. It has worked out very nice nicely for us,” she says.
Musgrove and Cianciola are just a few of the rental operators who have posted jobs on the ARA job board because of the traffic it generates. For instance:
- Between July 2010 and April 2011, 48,476 people viewed the details of a job that was posted.
- During that same time period, 1,222 jobs were applied for.
- In April alone, there were more than 2,000 searchable résumés available on the job board.
- In that same period, there were 120 new job seekers.
The ARA job board can be accessed via the home page of the ARA website, www.ARArental.org, or at ARA’s Rental Careers Center, www.RentalCareers.com. For more information, call ARA Member Services at 800-334-2177.
Job board benefits
For rental operators, it offers:
- Easy, confidential access to specialized talent.
- Help in recruiting the right people more cost-effectively.
- Job announcements in real time from your desktop.
- Immediate notification when new candidates post résumés.
- Targeted searches of the résumé database.
- The ability to track activity online to measure recruitment advertising results.
- Your job will be posted on the ARA site as well as on www.indeed.com, a job board aggregator; the National Urban League’s job board; and the American Veterans Association job board. All postings will be linked to the ARA job board. This will give your ARA posting a broader reach.
For job seekers, the job board offers the ability to:
- Tap into rental industry jobs and employers around the clock.
- Post a résumé (even confidentially) at no charge to catch the eye of potential employers.
- Apply online with just a click of a button.
- Conveniently browse opportunities by employer, location, job category and/or title.
- Receive automatic emails when new postings match your preferred job profile.