The American Rental Association (ARA) Nominating Committees have announced the following candidates who will vie for seats on the ARA board of directors. The candidates are:
- Ted Cook, co-owner/vice president, Ventura Rental Center, Ventura, Calif.
- Michael Flesher, owner/president, Taylor Rental Center, Vestal, N.Y.
Associate Member Director
- Bert DeJong, vice president-sales, Light Equipment and Rental Division of Bomag Americas, Kewanee, Ill.
- Joe Jabbour, national sales manager, Doosan Infracore Portable Power, Statesville, N.C.
Region Two Director
- John Futcher Jr., vice president and CEO, UniRents, Haskell, N.J.
- Alan Wismer, owner, George’s Tool Rental, Hatfield, Pa.
Region Three Director
- Ben Cooke, manager, Cooke Rentals, Mount Airy, N.C. Cooke is the current Region Three director elected in September 2008 to fill a vacancy. He is running unopposed in this election for a full three-year term.
Region Nine Director
- Sherri Creighton, president/owner, Pleasanton Rentals, Pleasanton, Calif.
- Brian Maginnis, co-owner/general manager, American Rentals, Bellflower, Calif.
Ballots will be mailed to voting representatives of all ARA members in late July and must be received by Sept. 3, 2009, to be counted, so now is the time to begin becoming acquainted with the candidates. Watch for more information on the candidates in future issues of RentalPulse, ARA Advantage and the August issue of RENTAL MANAGEMENT.
General members are eligible to vote for the president-elect and their region’s director. General and associate members are eligible to vote for the associate member director.
The new board members will begin their terms in February 2010, at the conclusion of The Rental Show in Orlando. The associate member directors serve a two-year term. The regional directors serve a three-year term.