Everybody who’s in business wants to make money. Those in the rental industry who are serious about profit have one show to attend next February to help make more money: The Rental Show, Feb. 9-12 at the Orange County Convention Center in Orlando, Fla.
This will mark the 58th annual convention and trade show organized by the American Rental Association, and it’s a return to its most popular destination for the first time since 2010.
Here’s a look at the highlights of The Rental Show 2014.
- A full day of seminars, with 23 total educational sessions available throughout the show. Speakers include returning favorites like Steve Abercrombie, Don Hutson and David McBee, while seminar topics will focus on hiring, conflict resolution, social media, health care, finance and more. The popular Rental Town Halls also will return, along with the “Wednesday Wake-Up Session” on the show’s final day.
- New construction track. Seminars are targeted for those in construction or general tool rental with topics such as Tier 4, DOT and transportation safety regulations, and regulatory compliance.
- Keynote session with baseball icon Billy Beane, general manager of the Oakland Athletics and subject of the movie “Moneyball.” Considered one of the most progressive and talented baseball executives in the game today, Beane has molded the A’s into a perennial postseason contender since becoming the general manager after the 1997 season. In his keynote, he will share his unforgettable underdog story, along with his winning leadership style of identifying undervalued assets to create and sustain a competitive advantage.
- Three days of trade show. More than 600 exhibitors will highlight the latest rental equipment in construction/industrial, general tool/homeowner and party/special event.
- “ARA’s Big Splash at SeaWorld.” This special evening is exclusive for show attendees and exhibitors at SeaWorld® Orlando.
- Networking events. These include Lunch With ARA, regional receptions, the international reception and the ARA Foundation Charity Auction and Reception. Also, the ARA Young Professionals Network Reception will be held for those between the ages of 18-40.
- Events & Tents. Scheduled for Saturday, Feb. 8, this workshop includes a full day of education and networking specifically for those in party and special event rental as well as a kickoff breakfast with a 2014 trends forecast, 16 educational sessions, a new lunchtime Inspiration Challenge, a closing keynote session with celebrity wedding planner, author and wedding business consultant Susan Southerland and a closing reception at Café Tu Tu Tango with its eclectic décor based on a Spanish artist’s loft.
- The chance to win $2,500. ARA members will be receiving a special show-branded coin in the mail to bring to the ARA Store on site in Orlando and be entered into a drawing for $2,500.
In the four years since The Rental Show was last in Orlando, the city has experienced a development renaissance with many new restaurants and attractions for attendees and exhibitors to experience. Details will be available in early September on a special web page provided by Visit Orlando at TheRentalShow.com.
There also are 21 hotels available for The Rental Show through Travel Planners, offering a variety of pricing and amenities. Complete details and online booking are available in the “Hotels and Travel” section at TheRentalShow.com.
Registration is now open for attendees at TheRentalShow.com, with a special Internet-only rate of $119 available for a limited time. This rate includes all three days of trade show, the keynote session and educational seminars on Feb. 9, 11 and 12, and is only available through Oct. 31.
Find more details about the show online and in The Rental Show Planner, arriving to prospective show attendees in the U.S. and Canada this month.
ARA takes over SeaWorld® Orlando for “Big Splash” event
An evening at one of Orlando’s top attractions is on the agenda for The Rental Show 2014, with “ARA’s Big Splash at SeaWorld” scheduled for Tuesday, Feb. 11.
Nine areas of SeaWorld® Orlando will be available for event attendees to explore:
- Antarctica: Empire of the Penguin™ — The park’s newest attraction is a one-of-a-kind theme park experience focusing on the majestic grandeur of the South Pole through a penguin’s eyes.
- Blue Horizons® Dolphin Show — This unique, theatrical spectacular features dolphins, tropical birds and acrobats.
- Dolphin Cove® — One of the largest interactive dolphin pools in the world, where you can watch both above and below the surface of the water.
- Journey to Atlantis® — Part water ride, part roller coaster, this is an edge-of-your-seat water coaster thrill ride.
- Kraken® — Orlando’s only floorless roller coaster has open-sided seats that take you to heights of more than 150 ft.
- Manta® — The only flying roller coaster of its kind in the world is a blend of up-close animal encounters with a head-first, face-down thrill ride.
- Manta® Aquarium — A unique 360-degree pop-up aquarium inhabited by more than 3,000 marine animals, including hundreds of rays and a giant Pacific octopus.
- Stingray Lagoon® — More than 200 rays, some with wingspans up to 5 ft., glide through the habitat’s peaceful waters.
- TurtleTrek® — Home to manatees and sea turtles, plus a 3-D 360-degree dome theater and more.
Tickets for the event are $50 per adult and $25 per child ages 6-12 and also include food and two drink tickets. More information is available at TheRentalShow.com.