There’s only one educational program that offers education specifically related to party and special event rental — Events & Tents, scheduled for Saturday, Feb. 9, 2013, at The Sands Expo and Convention Center in Las Vegas.
Events & Tents 2013 kicks off with a continental breakfast and a unique event focused on creativity: the program’s first-ever Fabric Fashion Show. Students from the International Academy of Design and Technology in Las Vegas will take products supplied by linen manufacturers and create one-of-a-kind looks.
In addition, 16 seminars will be held throughout the day.
Sessions from 9 a.m. to 10:15 a.m. are:
- Accelerate Your Growth With an Effective Sales Team
- Take a Seat: Is Renting Furniture Right for You?
- Gadgets and Gizmos: Get the Most From Your Devices
- Storm Watch: Plan for the Unexpected
Seminars from 10:30 a.m. to noon are:
- Round-Tables: Standing Out From the Competition
- Learn the Secrets to Processing Your Linens In-House
- From Showroom to Design Center
- The Right Tent for the Right Job
Lunch will feature a special presentation from wedding designer Sasha Souza on “Attention to Detail: Showcasing Your Art, Craft and Design.” Following lunch will be a special session exclusively for graduates of ARA’s Certified Event Rental Professional (CERP) program attending Events & Tents: “One on One With Sasha Souza.”
Afternoon seminars from 2 p.m. to 3:15 p.m. are:
- Bridal Show Essentials: Secrets to a Successful Bridal Show
- Grow Your Bottom Line: Efficiencies in Dispatching Management
- A repeat session of Gadgets and Gizmos: Get the Most From Your Devices
- Dress It Up: Décor and Design Ideas for Your Tent
The final seminars from 3:45 p.m. to 5 p.m. are:
- Social Marketing: What You Need to Know for Success
- Virtual Tours: Unique Solutions to Operating a Rental Business
- Color Couture: Transforming Space Into Higher Profits
- Staging and Tent Permitting: Be Part of the Solution
A special reception will conclude Events & Tents at Keep Memory Alive, a Frank Gehry-designed venue that supports the Cleveland Clinic’s Lou Ruvo Center for Brain Health. Complete Events & Tents details are available online at TheRentalShow.com.