||For the Record
- Constellation Software, Toronto, through its wholly-owned division Volaris Group, has purchased Wynne Systems, InfoManager and Wynne Systems EMEA, N.V. from United Rentals, Greenwich, Conn. Constellation Software also bought Solutions by Computer (SBC) in 2008. The acquisition expands Volaris’ market presence in the rental management software vertical. Headquartered in Irvine, Calif., with customers across North America and Europe, Wynne is a provider of end-to-end software solutions for rental management, including RentalMan, a fully integrated ERP solution helping to manage the full lifecycle of rental management from contract and order management through to inventory utilization, maintenance and financials. In addition, InfoManager Inc. offers InfoManager — a business intelligence tool. Including the acquisition of Wynne, Constellation has spent about $50 million year to date on acquisitions.
- Allmand Bros., Holdrege, Neb., is planning a $3 million expansion to its manufacturing facility, including a 40,000-sq.-ft. addition to the present building and the acquisition of an additional 17 acres for parking and finished goods storage. The expansion is expected to be fully operational before the end of the year. “This expansion will allow us to not only increase production, but to also hopefully reduce the lead-time for our products from the current 16-17 weeks to a more manageable four weeks or so,” said Matt Allmand, company president.
- Volvo Rents, Shippensburg, Pa., has acquired Big L Rentals and Sales, a single-location construction equipment rental company in Garden City, Kan. Volvo Rents has completed 27 acquisitions this year and now has more than 100 company-owned rental stores in North America.
- Schaefer Ventilation Equipment, Sauk Rapids, Minn., has acquired the assets of the industrial fan business of Americ Corp., Elk Grove Village, Ill., effective April 4, 2012. Americ Corp. has manufactured and marketed confined space ventilation fans and accessories to industrial and equipment rental markets worldwide for more than 20 years. Schaefer has acquired the Americ brand, product designs, customer lists and other assets, and will merge the Americ fan business with its own ventilation business and will move fan assembly to Schaefer’s Sauk Rapids assembly facility this summer.
- The U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the District of Nevada on May 1 granted a request from Ahern Rentals, Las Vegas, for additional time to present the court with its plan for reorganization in its Chapter 11 case, which was filed Dec. 22, 2011. The court allows 120 days for the debtor to present a reorganization plan and an additional 60 days for its creditors to vote on the approval of that plan. Ahern requested an additional 120 days for each deadline, which now gives the company until Aug. 20 to present its plan and until Oct. 19 to secure acceptance of the plan. The original deadlines were in April and June. Ahern is working to restructure about $642 million in debt.